Does Aircon Cleaning Help To Maintain A Clean Home? Aircons are responsible for a clean home, and as such, keep your indoor environment clean and healthy. When left uncleaned for a long period, the dust on them will begin to accumulate on every surface it can contaminate.
It’s important for your health and for keeping your home tidy to clean the aircon in your house regularly. Cleaning the inside of the machine can help remove dust, allergy-causing pet dander, and bacteria from the air. But it will not have a significant impact on the overall cleanliness of your home.
The outside of the machine is a different story, though. It’s important to clean your aircon every two weeks so that you can remove dust that settles on the outside of the unit, and also keep it looking good and working well.
Table of Contents
Clean Aircon By Yourself
If you want to save money, it might be a good idea to clean your aircon by yourself. Here are some steps you can take to clean your aircon by yourself.
- Once you’ve turned off your aircon, take it apart and lay it face down on some newspapers so that you’ll be able to clean the outside of the machine more easily.
- Use your brush to remove any dirt around the vents and grills, so that you can scrape it off easily with a razor blade.
- If you’ve got stubborn dirt that won’t come off with water, try soaking a cloth in white vinegar, put it over the area you want to clean, and leave it there for 10 minutes. Then use your brush to scrub the area, before rinsing with a cloth and warm water.
- Finally, take the time to wash your aircon filter every once in a while because it’ll help to clear dust and dirt around the vents.
Hiring a Professional To Clean Your Aircon
It’s a good idea to hire a professional cleaner for your aircon at least once a year. This helps you to keep your home clean and fresh without spending hours doing it yourself.
- Professional cleaners will offer a better service than you might be able to provide on your own.
- They’re available throughout the year, so you don’t have to worry about them being in short supply.
- You can hire a professional cleaner who knows your model of aircon and will be able to do an accurate job fixing it.
- Professional cleaners are more likely to come discreetly, where they won’t leave any dust or dirt behind when they remove it.
- You don’t save money by hiring a professional cleaner, you’ll just be spending more.
- It can be very inconvenient for them to come around when you’re busy or on holiday.
How Frequent Should Your Aircon Be Cleaned?
There’s no hard and fast rule regarding how often you should clean your aircon, but most experts suggest that your aircon should be cleaned once a week. The number of times, however, will depend on what type of aircon you’ve got, and how dirty it is. If you’ve got an old model which needs cleaning every few days, you might want to drop the frequency to once a month.
Health Benefits When You Clean Aircon Frequently
Cleaning your aircon regularly can help to improve the quality of air in your home and keep you and your family healthy.
- Cleaning your aircon can help prevent dust from building up on your furniture, which can be irritating to some people and could cause allergies.
- When you clean the inside of your aircon regularly, you’ll be removing dust from the air that could cause problems for anyone with asthma or respiratory problems.
Choosing the Right Aircon Cleaning Company in Singapore
When you’ve decided that your aircon needs a bit of a clean, it’s important to choose the right cleaning company. You’ll know if a company is right for you if they clean your aircon well and at a reasonable price. The best companies have:
i. Well Equipped Cleaning Kits
A professional cleaning company will equip itself properly to clean your aircon so that the job is done properly and takes the minimum amount of time. They’ll also use the most efficient cleaning method for your aircon so that it lasts longer and is less likely to give you problems in the future.
The best companies will also use a vacuum cleaner to remove as much dust and dirt from your aircon as possible before they powerwash it.
ii. A Comprehensive After-Care Service
It’s important to find a cleaning company that provides a comprehensive after-care service. This should include things like being able to provide an annual service contract, a guarantee that your aircon won’t be damaged during the cleaning process, and proper insurance cover in case any accidents happen while they’re working.
These are all things that you can ask about before you hire the company, so call them and get a feel for their customer service.
iii. Skilled and Trained Employees
When you call to book your aircon cleaning service, you should be able to find out how experienced the company’s employees are. It’s important that they have a few years of experience in their field, and that they’ve been trained under the guidance of a more experienced supervisor.
The best companies will also find out about what type of aircon you’ve got and make sure that they’re using the most appropriate cleaning method to get it looking its best again.
Does Aircon Cleaning Help To Maintain A Clean Home? – Conclusion
Cleaning your aircon isn’t hard to do, but by doing it regularly you can keep your home cleaner and fresher. This can reduce the number of times that you need to clean your whole house and make it easier to breathe.
You should clean your aircon regularly, at least once a week. It’s also a good idea to hire professional cleaners every so often because they offer a better service than you might be able to do on your own at home.